For parents with young children, life can get chaotic. When every day is full of new surprises and uncertainties, you need a double stroller that you can depend on.
Jogging strollers allow parents to balance an active lifestyle with spending time with their children, but they are an investment – it’s important to research multiple jogging strollers so that you choose the ideal one for your family.
In our Thule Urban Glide - Double Jogging Stroller review, we’ve gone ahead and done the research for you. We’ll take a look at the stroller’s key benefits, its drawbacks, safety features, and ease of use, so that you can decide if it’s the right fit for you.
Through our research, we found that these were the key benefits of the Urban Glide Double Jogging Stroller
- Movement is very smooth: your kids won’t be jostled around as you run, and it pushes like a dream with minimal effort.
- Equipped with the latest safety features: handlebar and foot brakes give you control, while child-proof harnesses keep your older children from wandering off
- Storage space: a large storage basket and additional zipper pouches easily fit a large diaper bag and other belongings
The maximum weight capacity of the Thule Urban Glide is 100 lbs. for both children. The stroller itself weighs 31 lbs., which is a bit lighter than the average double jogging stroller.
The padded handlebar is height adjustable, so short and tall parents alike can maneuver the stroller comfortably. The seats are easy to adjust as well, which is great for picky toddlers who can’t make up their minds.
Ease of use
The Thule Urban Glide has one of the easiest to use folding mechanisms we’ve seen yet – it uses a twist lever that you can release with just one hand. From there, the spring-loaded stroller is easy to fold up and stow away for later.
The dimensions of the stroller when folded are 35" x 14" x 30.75" – because it’s rather bulky, you may need to remove the wheels so that it fits in the trunk of your car.
Security and stability
The Thule Urban Glide Double Jogging Stroller has both handle and foot brakes, allowing for quick stops and maximum control on hilly terrain. The harnesses are child-proof, with many parents reporting that even their most clever kids weren’t able to undo them and wiggle their way out.
Convenience and comfort
For your child’s comfort, the two seats recline near flat, and the peek-a-boo flap on the roof of the canopy allows them to see you and for you to see them while you go for your walk or run. As far as storage goes, there is ample room for everything two children could possibly need, and the waterproof zipper cover keeps your belongings dry.
Living up to its title as a double jogging stroller, it is incredible easy and comfortable to run with. The front wheel can be locked in place so that the stroller doesn’t swivel or wobble while you jog. However, we were disappointed by the fact that the Thule Urban Glide Double Jogging Stroller does not come equipped with cup holders – they have to be purchased separately as an accessory.
Pros & Cons
- Easy to assemble: just attach the wheels and you’re done
- Adjustable handlebar to accommodate to any height
- One-handed folding for quick storage
- Handle and foot brakes for improved safety on steep hills
- Ample storage space for diaper bags and anything else you need for a long day out
- Child-safety locks on harnesses to prevent kids from climbing out on their own
- Comes in a variety of colors, including black, red, and blue
- A bit bulky, you may need to remove the wheels to fit the stroller in your car’s trunk
- Cost more than the average double jogging stroller at $650
- Accessories must be purchased separately, such as cup holders and trays
To wrap up our Thule Urban Glide - Double Jogging Stroller review, we have to say that we were very impressed with the quality of the product. While it is a bit costly compared to other strollers of its kind, it is extremely durable – it will last you for many years to come.
Overall, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and we can confidently recommend the Urban Glide as a good option for active parents looking for a safe stroller for their children. With plenty of storage space and a myriad of adjustable features, it’s a smooth ride for both kids and parents alike. If it sounds like the model you’ve been looking for, then invest in one today!
No reviews yet